Friday, September 30, 2011

That Championship Season

That Championship Season - Bernard Jacob Theatre (Viewed: May 2011)
This play ran from March-May. It starred a stellar group of actors: Kiefer Sutherland, Jason Patric, Chris Noth, Jim Gaffigan and Brian Cox. However, there isn't much to rave about on this particular play. Here are my takeaways:
  • I was bored and wanted to walk out during intermission; I love Mr. Noth and Gaffigan though, so I fought through it. 
  • The only thing that intrigued me was the fake ice cubes (they were big!) and how they tossed around the cubes in their scotch drinks...
Other than that, it was not that appealing for me. I did buy the theme of friendships, but the story, itself, was drab.

Story Overview
That Championship Season centered on a group of former high school basketball stars who return home (Scranton, PA) for a reunion 20 years after they won the state championship. This is set in 1972.

1 comment:

  1. Your article is incredibly useful.Everyday your diary inspire Pine Tree State heaps deal and helped to develop one thing new like I actually have developed a brand new app spotify premium beta apk this is often great and pleasant.Thanks for the awe-inspiring posts , please keep updated frequently.

    ReplyDelete